It represents the most beautiful and the most representative building from Austro-Hungarian period, built in pseudo-Moorish style.
The word "Bas-carsija" literarily means "main marketplace" and designates the area of market square around the fountain called "sebilj", and later this name spread on the whole nowadays Old Sarajevo's marketplace.
The Morica Inn
Due to the needs of the expanding market-place and the traders that were coming from faraway countries, the caravanserais - motels were built. One of these, the careva husrefbeg's Morica Inn was constructed in the first half of the 16th century.
Ali Pasha's Mosque
One of the most beautiful cupolaed mosques, built in 1561 beside the tomb of the founder of Bosnian governor of the sanzak province (sandzak bey) Ali-pasha, a native of Sarajevsko polje (Sarajevo field).
Gazi Husref-bey's covered market building
This massive basilica-like stone building extends in length of 109 meters along the street bearing the same name. It was built by the Ragusa masters by the order of the then Bosnian sandzak-bey (governor) Gazi Husref-bey, in period from 1542 to 1543.
The Goat Bridge
The first among innumerous bridges on the road from Sarajevo to Constantinople, the last between Constantinople and Sarajevo.